Do I need a planning permit?

If you intend to develop your land with a building or structure, make additions or alterations to an existing building, or to remove vegetation it is likely that you will need a planning permit.  A planning permit is often required for a wide range of other matters including to change the use of a building, to use land in a particular way and for a licensed premises.
Want to know more?

The "It's all in the planning" guide has been designed by the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council to be a useful working tool for you, to assist with the various statutory and legislative requirements involved with a development project. The guide is aimed to provide a comprehensive summary of the relevant approvals that you may need during the various stages of a development, particularly the approval processes that the Mornington Peninsula Shire administers.
Brochure: It's all in the planning
For more information visit

Understanding Your Development Options

The 'Understanding Your Development Options' tool is a brief guide to assist with understanding the different methods of dwelling development and subdivision.
Download: Understanding Your Development Options